Atten-TION! Want a crash-course in magazine design? Sir, yes sir!
Then you WILL join us on Friday, March 14 for a day filled with inspiration and advice. We'll go from 0900 - 1700 (that's 9am to 5pm for you civilians) covering everything from brainstorming to the job hunt. There will also be time for portfolio reviews, so be sure to bring your book. Be there, Private!
WHEN: Friday, March 14, 2008
9am - 5pm (but be there at 8:45 to sign in)
WHERE: The Roosevelt Hotel
45 E. 45th St (between Madison and Vanderbilt, near Grand Central Station)
Exact location will be emailed to all who register.
DETAILS: There will be a $30 fee for all student members and a $50 fee for non-members/professional members. Questions? Or want to sign up? Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Topics and Speakers will include: (subject to change)
• Design Principles Linda Root (Studio Incubate, Sports Illustrated)
• Identity/Theme John Walker (TV Guide, Entertainment Weekly)
• Photos & Imagery Leslie dela Vega (Time, Vibe)
• Inspiration/Problem-Solving Kate Elazegui (Radar, New York) and Robert Newman (Fortune, Real Simple, Vibe, Entertainment Weekly)
• Career Advice Panel Evan Campisi (Entertainment Weekly, SpotCo); Shane Luitjens (Ink Publishing); Jenn McManus (More, Health); Nicholas Rezabek (Cosmopolitan, Wine Spectator); Nancy Stamatopoulos (Supermarket News, DNR)
This workshop is part of the Media Pro Workshops series sponsored by the College Media Advisers (www.collegemedia.org).